MHA is dedicated to promoting mental wellness, while providing valuable information and education about mental illness. Our programs and resources benefit children, families, professionals, consumers of mental health services and the general public.
Through our Community Education program, you can:
- Request a topical presentation for your organization or school
- Schedule a professional training
- Receive free informational brochures and access our lending library
- Request an MHA representative to attend a health fair or other event
Use our contact form to send us a message now.
Presentations and Workshops
Cost: Free (some may require materials)
Audience: Anyone in Niagara County, NY
Length: 45 minutes to 3 hours
- Overview of Mental Health and Wellness
- Depression and Suicide
- Stress Management
- Conflict Resolution
Contact: Pamela at 716-433-3780 ext. 304 or via email
NEW: Special Parent Workshops!
See Compeer for Youth page
MHA has several specialized trainings designed for specific audiences.
- Teachers and administrators, youth leaders and parents will benefit from our Youth Suicide Prevention program, Allies 4 Life.
- For those who interact with people with a mental illness as part of their job, such as health care workers and law enforcement agents, we offer the Hearing Distressing Voices Simulation Training.
- Support group leaders can build their skills through our Support Group Facilitator's Training.
Go to Trainings
If you are the type of person who likes to learn and explore on your own, we have many self-help educational options as well:
Self-Help Lending Library - We maintain a free lending library of current and classic self-help books and videos, covering a wide range of topics such as parenting, depression, coping with loss and stress management.¬†We add new titles regularly. You can also preview several titles on Goodreads.com
Brochures - We also provide free educational and informational brochures upon request. It can be for you or a friend, and we will mail it free of charge. All contact information is strictly confidential.
Just call or stop in to see what we have! Our friendly staff can assist you. We are here 8:30 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday, at our offices on 36 Pine Street in Lockport.
Links to Online Resources - if you have access to a computer, you can browse our suggested links for information about mental wellness topics or mental health-related organizations. Visit Self-Help to get started!